Time With Dad

  Many of you all know that me and my dad had a slight falling out during the Christmas Holiday 2012.  It was over something that he thought he heard me say to one of my dear aunts.  However, months later we reconciled as well as I told him my current status with HIV.  My dad even was made aware of the long awaited meeting with my biological mother this past August.
  Over the last couple months, my dad and I have actually been spending quality time together.  My dad is approaching 50 and I'm approaching 30. There is no use in us wasting years and time over a silly misunderstanding.  I am grateful that my dad and I have reconciled.  My dad and I will often meet at his house where he cooks (sometimes going overboard with the food, knowing I love to eat) and we watch tv and talk even crack jokes. My dad has even sat down to understand my lifestyle and me being the "Same Gender Loving" son.
  It has been a process, but my dad is embracing me with open arms and for that I am thankful.  Even though my other paternal relatives constantly give me flack about wearing my skinny jeans, fitted T Shirts, and eccentric jewelry, I am happy to say that Things are looking better for my father and I.
 Well That's it for me,
Love ya,

Comments

  1. Good for you, Lil Buddy! You're having a chance many would give up anything to have! Best wishes as you both establish a relationship as two adult men. Great job! Much love and naked hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts