I'm Sorry I Can't Date You

   Call me shallow, gold digger, prideful or whatever, you want to concerning this blog post, but I must vent my feelings and how I feel.
  Now I'm single and not bitter at the least.  Some may say that I'm single by choice and others may say otherwise. One reason that I'm single could possibly be my standards.
  One thing that you all know about me is that I've been out and proud since 2010. I'm independent meaning I work, pay my bills, strive for the best, and at least can manage to keep a car, my cell phone on, and very wise with my spending.  Now some may say I'm a bitch for admitting this oh well, #BYEFELICIA!!!
  Here recently, I've had , in their mind, potential suitors trying to woo me, but there's been one problem: They have no car, no money, and no priorities. They don't even have a phone to call someone to orchestrate a date. Now I'm not a gold a digger, but can you please at least have the basic necessities to get you through life? Not to mention the ones that have been approaching me, while they are good looking they are so damn DL that they are paranoid about appearing Gay. If you are secure with who you are other people's opinion should not matter.
  My response to those type of guys are, "sorry, I can't date you." I'm often told "Musique, that's why you're single. Just date the down low guy. Date the guy if he's broke."
  I'm like Sophia in "The Color Purple," "HELL NAW!!!!" Why would I, an established man, out and proud man, date someone who is not established, fronting like they are this and that, who is down low and scared to admit who he is?
  I won't and I should not!!!  Sorry I can't date you. My standards are quite reasonable and they are not too high. If you think I'm stuck up, then I'm not the one for you and you obviously are not the one for me.
Smooches,
Musique

Comments

Popular Posts