Single, Black, and Gay Not Bitter.
I've come to the realization that I'm a single man who happens to be Black and Gay. I've been single, really most of my life. I say that because I'm 28 and I've never been married and I'm okay with that. Most people especially in the LGBT Community feel that if you are approaching 30 and still single then either you're bitter or either you should stop trying.
Well I refuse to give into the belief that all single, Black, SGL Men are bitter and we should stop trying. What about those of us who have tried honestly but the whole relationship thing just didn't pan out. It could've been because we made too much money, we are too fem, we are church boys, ballroom kids, or even because of a past mistake.
There are times that I do long for that lasting relationship. The kind of "Noah's Arc" fairy tale in which I meet and capture my "Wade." However, I'm patiently waiting and making sure I know who I am before I bring someone else into the mix.
Right now, I am getting to know someone but he is miles away in another state and we've talked about the current situation. If things do work out I will be happy and if they don't I'll be okay. I have a life to live and I have love to give. I have music in my life and I have family, most importantly, I have God.
I'm single, Black and Gay, but I refuse to be bitter,
Musique
Well I refuse to give into the belief that all single, Black, SGL Men are bitter and we should stop trying. What about those of us who have tried honestly but the whole relationship thing just didn't pan out. It could've been because we made too much money, we are too fem, we are church boys, ballroom kids, or even because of a past mistake.
There are times that I do long for that lasting relationship. The kind of "Noah's Arc" fairy tale in which I meet and capture my "Wade." However, I'm patiently waiting and making sure I know who I am before I bring someone else into the mix.
Right now, I am getting to know someone but he is miles away in another state and we've talked about the current situation. If things do work out I will be happy and if they don't I'll be okay. I have a life to live and I have love to give. I have music in my life and I have family, most importantly, I have God.
I'm single, Black and Gay, but I refuse to be bitter,
Musique


Good job, Lil Buddy and a positive outlook! :)
ReplyDelete