My Experience with Ex-Gay Reparative Therapy

  With the rise and fall of Ex-Gay Therapy Clinics, I felt that it was time for me to speak to about my own Ex Gay Experiences.
  It all started when I was attended this church in Rock Hill, SC.  For so long I had been taught that being Gay and Feminine was wrong. I prayed and asked God to deliver me.  I began going to one church that began calling out the "Homosexual Demon" in my life.  I then left that church and joined another Church. When I joined "That Church." They began to, yet again, call the Gay out of me. I prayed and fasted, but I couldn't seem to rid myself of that demon.
  They sent me through hell. I had to dress a certain way to appear more masculine. I remember times that I was scolded for having feminine tendencies and for wanting to be who I really was. I thought it was apart of God's plan.  I was forced to get ride of half of my wardrobe so that I could be what they wanted me to be...Ex Gay.
  I went through depression and anxiety and I thought it was all of God's plan.  This went on for 5 years.  I had finally had enough. I couldn't deal any more. So I decided it was time for me to leave and be free. A this time I had began to find out that I'm a genderqueer or gender non conforming.
  5 years later I'm happy and I'm living free.  Reparative therapy is not helpful. It is damaging and deadly.  There have been too many people that have died because they felt that they were wrong for being who and what they are and loving who they love.
  God loves all of us as we are. He wants us to be happy and to live free.  Since I've left "That Church," life has never been better and I'm actually chasing my dreams and doing what's right for me. Love ya,
Yannick

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts