The Butch Queen Goes to War Against Effemiphobia and Transphobia

Well this beautiful, Butch Queen has had to go to war against effemiphobia and transphobia on Facebook earlier today. The shade is that the war took place in a Facebook group geared towards the LGBT Community of Color.
  It began with me posting a picture of me all made up for my birthday on last weekend, and I had a member that we will call "Sir Idiotic" comment asking why did I allow myself to get that bored and stating that I should find something better to do.  Sir idiotic went on a full rant on how much feminine Gay men as well as Transgender family irritate and disgust him.  This ignorant self hating fool had the audacity to state that Black men were bastardized by their parents because they choose to be feminine and not act like "real men." 
  However, I let this fool rant. But I did not go down with listing the fact that I'm a singer, songwriter, producer, blogger, vlogger, minister, activist, actor, and I work a nine to five.  He then combats with the infamous failed "lack of education," stance.
  This is where I had to step in and educate Sir Idiotic.  I simply stated that the reason that the Stonewall movement happened and that LGBT Rights have been championed and accomplished is because of us Feminine Gay Men, Genderqueers, and Trans people in the LGBT Community. After that comment, Sir Idiotic shut his dirty pie hole.  Much to my surprise many members of the group came to my defense and aided me in the attack against ignorance in the Black LGBT Community.
  The thing that bothered me is that feminine Gay men and transmen and transwomen are deemed lower than low and uneducated.  This is very much so a lie. Many of us are business individuals, own companies, websites, are high ranking officials in government, have stable jobs, and have a lot of great things going for ourselves.  How dare Sir Idiotic discount us gender non conformists as if we are the scum of the Earth!!!
  Why so much hate against transfeminine members of the Black LGBT Community? It is everywhere on social media, television, people's hearts. The phrase "no fats, no fems," is constantly thrown into dating apps and websites in an attempt to determine who and who is not a real man.  I've learned that most of this comes from feminine me who have a deep self hatred for themselves due to societal standards, disagreements with families, as well as religious doctrine that erroneously characterizes effeminate as week or as unclean.
  The last time I checked a real man handles business and lives with morals and integrity.  Did you also know that the Black woman is a symbol of strength and pride and not of weakness?  I bet most of you hypermasculine dumbbells didn't realize that. How did you think your mother dealt with carrying you for nine months and dealing with a nagging husband at times while working and taking care of home? STRENGTH!!!!
  This all has to do with how feminine characteristics are viewed.  It is unfortunate that we live a patriarchal society that values hypermasculinity and anything that deviates from that unrealistic view is shameful.
  I have one thing to say: I am transfeminine and I am NOT ASHAMED. I'm living, loving, and Free.
How about you?

--

Comments

Popular Posts